- What is responsive design and what does it mean for school websites?
Responsive design is now one of the core elements driving every single website we create, but what is it and why should schools care about it?
- How to write good quality content for school websites
Producing content can be hard for those not used to writing for websites, so here are some simple tips to help you master online content.
- 6 Great Ideas for School Website News Stories
With over 4,000 schools using the PrimarySite school website system, we have become very familiar with the ways schools use their news pages. Here are a few of the best ideas we’ve seen.
- World Book Day 2019: Five of the best free audiobooks for Primary School children
As well as allowing children to spend their book token on any audiobook worth over £2.99, there are a number of complete audiobooks that are available for free on the World Book Day website.
- Why have a school website?
Although many schools first established themselves online to meet statutory requirements, the benefits of having a good website have since evolved beyond this.
- What makes a good school website?
Ultimately, many elements go into producing a good school website, but here are five key things to get right.
- How to make an instant impact with your school website homepage
We look at four ways schools can design their homepage to achieve an impact through the use of photography, illustration and video.
- How to make your school’s social media posts more engaging
Many schools want to improve their social media but are struggling to find time to do so, here we discuss why including more visual content is key.
- Staying safe online: 10 digital threats to your school defined
With the growing importance for school staff and pupils to understand how to stay safe online, we have created a list of ten common security threats and explained each one.
- What is user experience and what does it mean for school websites?
In this article we are going to talk about what user experience is and why your school should care about it.
- How to attract prospective parents through your school website
The school website has become a vital platform for prospective parents researching schools, here are five steps that can be taken to better attract them.
- Avoiding data protection breaches in schools: Eight things you need to get right
Creating a positive and proactive data protection culture within your school doesn’t need to be a difficult or time-consuming process
- How will design trends affect school websites in 2019?
We take a look at how the growing importance of user experience is going to affect the design of school websites over the next 12 months.
- Five simple ways you can keep your school website content up to date
We share five quick and simple things you can add to your website keep it fresh and up to date.
- What schools could gain from engaging with social media
Social media can present unique opportunities to better connect with parents, pupils and the local community.
- Seven reasons parents may be avoiding your school website
If you have ever wondered how you can get parents to be more engaged in your school website, here are seven things to consider.
- What to consider when building a brand for your Multi-Academy Trust
Creating a brand is about much more than just creating a logo so here we look at the steps you need to consider.
- Top five social media tips for schools and trusts
Social media has revolutionised marketing for businesses and is becoming a useful tool for schools and trusts.
- You can now update your school website on mobile!
You can now update your website on your mobile. Perfect for those who are always on the go.
- GDPR checklist for schools and multi-academy trusts
Read our handy 7-step checklist covering key areas that will help your school achieve GDPR compliancy.
- What is GDPR, and how will it affect your school?
A look into what the updated GDPR includes, and how it will affect your school
- Why content is king for your school website
Find out why it's important to keep your website content fresh and updated.
- Parental app - latest updates
We have made some exciting improvements to our app to help with your parental engagement.
- How using Twitter can benefit your school
Here’s some useful hints and tips on how Twitter can benefit your school.
- Six top tips for communicating with parents
Find out how you can use your digital tools to communicate more effectively with parents.